Historically April is a bad month for me. All the reasons are sitting on my shoulders, leaning down and whispering in my ears. I do not need anything, I do not need help, I am absolutely physically fine. I just want say some pretty stupid things. I want to do some pretty stupid things.
I have a deadline for an anthology on the 30th and I don’t know if the pressure of this month will let me finish anything. I don’t know if I can make myself move, let alone be cognizant enough to write.
And still I think, what the hell do I have to be sad about?
I’m still alive.
According to Wikipedia April is for:
- ALS Awareness Month (United States)
- Asian Pacific American Heritage Month
- Celiac Awareness Month
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Awareness Month
- Haitian Heritage Month
- Jewish American Heritage Month
- Lupus Awareness Month
- Mental Health Awareness Month
- Multiple Sclerosis Awareness Month (Canada)
- National Bike Month
- National Foster Care Month
- National Guide Dog Month (2008, 2009)
- National Mobility Awareness Month
- National Stroke Awareness Month
- Neurofibromatosis Awareness month